Services & Compliance
THE COMPLIANCE OF AN EVENT AND SAFETY OF EVERYONE ON-SITE IS OUR PRIMARY CONSIDERATION – AND ALL OUR SYSTEMS ARE DEVELOPED ACCORDINGLY.
We continue to invest in this space by working closely with the National Electrical & Communications Association (NECA) and local electrical authorities and departments.
All EVENTelec employees hold valid electrical and industry licenses and possess expertise in planning, executing and commissioning major event electrical distribution from the main switchboard backbone to a detailed media centre.
We consciously strive to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment; both on-site and administratively.
We tread as lightly as we can through a paperless WHS and OHS system that staff access via their smartphones. This system provides instant access to all company and site-specific files and safety documents, safe work method statements, codes and standards, and forms. Staff can complete forms and sign off in real time, and then email documents directly to clients.
Our operational and safety systems have proven successful at events of all sizes, and we continue to innovate by openly welcoming your feedback. Together with continued investment in the development of innovative plug and play solutions, we are committed to setting industry-leading standards across safety, compliance and environmental awareness.
We work closely with the National Electrical & Communications Association (NECA) as well as all State and Territory electrical regulators and departments. We use the (NECA) National safety management program together with the MYOSH safety management software system. These systems are fully automated live programs that link all employees to our operations department and clients.
The software records induction sign-on forms, pre-start registers and installation certificates in accordance with Australian Electrical Standards.
OUR PHILOSOPHY BEHIND EACH ONE IS SIMPLE: TO CREATE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE SYSTEMS THAT MEET CLIENT OBJECTIVES
While there are many technical considerations to account for when designing an event power system, the philosophy behind each one is simple: to create safe and effective systems that meet client objectives. We define an effective system as one that operates efficiently to minimise power consumption and installation time, and in turn reduce client costs
Developed specifically for temporary events, our plug and play system is adapted to each brief using in-house electrical overlay design software. In order to fulfill your objectives, we break our design methodology down into five core components:
- Research and Capture all relevant data
- Extrapolate this data into a cost-effective outcome that protects the infrastructure’s criticality paths
- Adapt the design to available fit-for-purpose equipment, with redundancies in place for any unforeseen changes
- Always inform the client of cost savings versus risks and benefits
- Above all else, maintain safe work practices and standards
We then transpose all available data into a fit-for-purpose design that is as flexible as possible. A concerted effort is made to utilise available resources in order to minimise expenditure. Significant cost savings are also achieved by working with the organising projects committee and site management team, and reducing the time on-site by utilising specialised equipment and experienced staff.
PLUG AND PLAY SYSTEMS
Our plug and play system has been specifically developed over many years for the Australian event industry. This system is underpinned by practical design and construct processes for temporary infrastructure.
With these pre-determined processes in place, we alleviate the need to make expensive project design and engineering decisions ahead of each event. Instead, our scalable system design can be customised according to the brief and size of each project.
This practical approach is underpinned by a robust design methodology that minimises unnecessary expenditure at every opportunity.
AUSTRALIA’S PREMIER SUPPLIER OF SPECIALISED EVENT ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
As Australia’s premier supplier of specialised event electrical equipment, we pride ourselves on maintaining a specialised range of smart, professional and adaptable products to the Australian electrical standards.
Our capabilities also include the design and production of custom-made distribution boards and other electrical equipment such as adaptors to suit the specific requirements of your event.
This range of equipment encompasses various options for:
- Distribution boards suited to external use (IP65 rated from 32 Amp up to 1200 amp)
- Automatic transfer switches
- Cables (10 amp up to 400 amp power lock)
- Outlets and adaptors (from CEEform to Clipsal)
- Lighting options (from LED High Bay to LED coloured RGB lighting)
- Emergency exit signage and egress lighting
- Cable management protection (from 2 channel to 5 channel accessibility friendly)
All distribution boards are weatherproof and compact, and each outlet is protected by its own RCD to give you peace of mind.
Our extensive inventory means we are ready to power any large-scale event. These numbers give you an idea of just how much equipment we hold:
- Stacked on top of each other, our distribution boards would reach a height of 570m (for perspective, Sydney Tower is 305 m high)
- We have enough distribution boards to power up to 500 standard homes simultaneously
- In a continuous run, our fluorescent LED lights would encircle Suncorp Stadium three times
- We hold 2,200 LED lights (1,360 more than the MCG)
- Our cabling inventory stretches over 100 km